A well-landscaped garden done by a landscape designer enhances the beauty of your property. It gives you a great return on money invested in landscaping and it attracts buyers or clients who wish to do business with you. Getting a professional looking landscape involves a lot of work. If you’re untrained, you could end up facing many problems that will eventually cost a lot of money to fix.
Landscaping is not only about placing plants in strategic locations around the property. It’s about creating designs that blend effortlessly with the house and the neighbourhood. These designs involve the creation of pathways, water features, decks, pools, and other amenities. Professional designers also take drainage and irrigation into consideration when drawing up landscape designs.
The Good Landscape Design Checklist
- The design should be in keeping with the lifestyle of the residents of the home. Perennial plants, for example, are ideal for people who have little or no time to devote to gardening.
- You have to consider lighting before planting your trees or shrubs. Certain coloured plants take on a different hue when the rays of the sun fall on them at dawn or dusk. To transform an ordinary garden into a magical retreat, you could also use artificial lights to highlight certain spots.
- The landscape design should blend seamlessly with the interiors of your home. If you’re following a specific theme or style in inside your home, use a similar theme to create a balance between indoor and outdoor areas.
- Certain plants complement one another. When paired together they look wonderful and improve the look of your garden. If you’re not sure which combinations work best, hire the services of a landscape designer.
- Good landscape design will also plan for extremely wet and dry weather conditions. The aim is to create long lasting designs that are worth admiring.
Benefits of Hiring a Landscape Designer
Designing a landscape requires a lot of skill and experience. You may be good at growing plants, but if you can’t install lights or water features, you’ll have an ordinary looking garden. Companies that offer landscaping services consider everything before offering you a design for your outdoor space. They’re experts in the field and they have unique solutions for common lawn problems. They can increase the value of your home by making a few changes to the entrance and the lawn.
Landscape designers also assess soil quality. They will help you choose the best plants and materials to maintain your garden all year round. What’s best is that you get to look at the design before work begins and you can customise it to suit your preference.
Want to find out more about getting your outdoor space designed? Talk to the experts at Paradise Landscapes. We offer both commercial and residential landscape designs in Drury, East Tamaki, Mount Albert and all other suburbs in Auckland.